“How to transfer photos from Android to comptuer? I want to transfer photos from my Samsung Galaxy phone to my computer. Manufacturer does not provide software. What can I do? Any assistance will be appreciated.” —– Yahoo Answers
It is a good idea to transfer photos from your Android phone to computer for backup in case of your phone being stolen or lost or there is no space to store your photos.
There are various ways for you to transfer photos from Android to comuter. In this article, we will show you two ways to do it. The first way is to copy your photos from Android phone to computer via USB cable, the second is to use third-party program.
Solution 1: Copy Android phone photos to computer via USB cable
This is the most common way to transfer photos from Android to computer. Just following the instructions below:
1. Connect your smartphone using the USB sync cable. An USB icon will appear in thenotification area of your phone.
2. On the smartphone, drag the notifications bar down and then tap it. Next tap USB connected, and then Mount
3. On the computer, click the START button and then select Computer or My Computer. The micro-SD card in your phone will be recognized and listed as a Removable Disk.
4. Double-click this removable disk to open it. Double-click the folder DCIM, and then the folder Camera.
5. From this folder, you can copy all pictures and videos taken with the Digital Camera of your Android smartphone.
6. To disconnect your Android, just go to the notifications area on your phone and tap on the USB sign to disconnect.
Solution 2: Transfer photos from Android to computer
You can also use some third-party program like Wondershare MobileGo for Android to transfer photos from Android to computer and transfer other files such as videos, music, contacts, messages and apps from Android to computer as well.
Step 1: Conect your Android phone to the computer
Run MobileGo for Android, and then, connect your Android phone or tablet either via a USB cable or via Wi-Fi. MobileGo for Android will detect your devices automatically. And you will see the following interface:
Tips: Wi-Fi is only available with MobileGo for Android (Windows).
Tips: MobileGo for Android is fully compatible with multiple Android phone and tablets, like Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola etc.
Step 2: Transfer photos from Android to computer
All the files will be shown in the left of the interface. Click the triangle next to “photos”, all albums on your Android phone or tablet will be shown. Open an album and find your desired photos. Click “Export” to pop up a file browser window. Navigate to the place where you decide to save photos. Then, the program begins to export photos.
Tips: Keep your Android phone or tablet connected during the transferring process.
If you need to transfer photos from Android to Mac, you can turn to MobileGo for Android (Mac).